Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Rock Climbing Gym in Japan





Here I am at my local rock climbing gym in Hiroshima, Japan. The name of the gym is PB-Climbing. This gym in particular seems like it is were the local outside climbing community goes for their indoor training. Very homey feel, but I was quite shocked at how small and expensive it was compared to gyms in America. Butttt this is Japan, everything is smaller and more expensive... should of known. The style is a little scrunchy for me because I am 5'9", which is pretty tall for a girl in general haha. However, in Japan, I am an amazon woman...... ^_^. Regardless I live like 5 minutes walking distance from this place. So it is hard for me to venture out to try other gyms because they are far away and way more expensive!!!

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to go rock climbing my self. Guess I better take a trip to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany, I'm visiting Hiroshima in a week and a half and would like to find out directions to this place. Any info would be helpful =] I also heard of "Cero" which is also an indoor gym I would like to visit. Please lmk! Thanks

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh sorry I was super busy this past week and of course the one week I don't get on here someone comments haha. So PB-Climbing is located about a 5 minute walk from Yokogawa Eki (Yokogawa Station)... It is kind of hard to find because it is down this random small ally type of street. Well it isn't super hard to find, but you see it and your like "hmmm wait a second, is that really it?"... To do a day pass I believe is about 1200円, but I think that is if you have your own gear. It is only a bouldering gym, just an fyi. Cero I have never been to, but it has both ropes and bouldering. However, Cero is much much more expensive. So that is why I don't go there. Also PB-Climbing is super close to my dorm so it is nice to just walk over and climb instead of having to take the train or bike like an hour away. I have heard good things about Cero though. So if you are close by you should check it out!

      Delete