Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Coming of Age Ceremony in Hiroshima, Japan 成人式







This event was probably one of the coolest things I have been to since I have come to Japan. 成人式 (せいじんしき)or phonetically written as seijinshiki is a annual coming-of-age ceremony here in Japan. Those who have turned 20 years old by some specific date attend this ceremony.

I don't really know much about the ceremony haha, but I do know that everyone was dressed in some awesome clothes. Traditional or not just about everyone looked great! Keyword, *almost* everyone... Some people looked beautiful and some people notttt so much. I was surprised to see so many interesting looking people. Some people you could clearly tell were being a little rebellious, which is quite amusing because you don't see that very often here in Hiroshima.  It is the type of people you would find in Nagarekawa cho at 4:00 in the morning. Now that is my type of people! Hahaha :)  Oh and if you don't know what Nagarekawa cho is.... well then I will just leave it to your imagination!

Love, Butterzzz






No comments:

Post a Comment